Sherpa Engineering is a specialist in control systems and process management optimization. For 15 years we have carried out projects related to engineering processes going from needs analysis to on-site commissioning.
Design and control validation for process industries are based on model-based dynamic simulation and predictive control. Our model-based predictive control tools PCR and HIECON are designed for this purpose in order to accelerate the product development and bring maximum efficiency.
We apply the predictive control methodology and we bring our long experience to projects to achieve:
- Variance reduction related to aspects such as qualities, temperatures, etc.
- Reduction of movements from actuators
- Yield optimization according to constraints
- Energy consumption reduction
- Ensure compliance with constrains related to processes and products (material resistance, pollution, etc)
- Improve quality of processed products
We have carried out numerous predictive system projects in the following sectors:
We apply different implementation schemes depending on the application type:
- We work directly with the industrial company (for specific applications)
- We intervene as a subcontractor for aspects related to control and process management optimization (in large scale projects)
- We also provide technology transfer (training and technical assistance) in order to allow customers to increase their skills