Sherpa Engineering offers training modules in relation to methods, technologies and products belonging to the system approach. We include numerous real examples in the courses coming from our field experience in the technologies included in our catalog.
Our training has been conceived for specialists in modeling and control systems who want to benefit from practical cases and acquire knowledge in cutting-edge technology.
In addition to our catalog modules we can customize upon request the training sessions for your projects and take into account your engineering tools.
System approach and model-oriented engineering
This training aims at providing a global system approach to system engineers:
- Needs and requirements taken in the acquisition process
- Model-oriented system engineering from specifications to qualification
- All life cycle phases from design and development to operations and phase-out
NEW: Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- MBSE comes as a support for System Engineering, it is also necessary to define the link between the different objects:
- Link between the modeling points of view (functional, physical, technological, …)
- Introduction and links of the different facets: requirements and constraints, architecture, tests
- Link between the description models and the execution models
NEW: Requirements Writing Methodology (Exig)
This training is for Engineers and technicians who have to write or validate requirements.
- Knowing the problems behind the requirements Knowing the quality criteria of a requirement
- Learning a structured approach to define a specification (set of requirements)
- Know the solutions and best practices to write a quality requirement
- Know how to identify the shortcomings of an existing requirement Know how to define a pattern (template of requirement)
Design of Servo Mechanical Systems of Linear Dynamic Systems
NEW: Servo Mechanical Systems Design
Provide the theoretical and practical bases for modeling and designing mechatronic systems with their control system.
These modules are designed to improve theoretical and practical aspects of system modeling:
- Dynamic modeling based on Bond-Graph method
- Bond-Graph applications to mechatronic and energy systems
- Non-linear system modeling
Test specification and identification of non-linear systems
Several modules for the design of control systems are available:
- Dynamic linear system analysis
- Control systems
- Theory and applications of functional predictive control
- Introduction to multi-variable predictive control and practical exercises
Training explains functionalities and usage of the following software solutions:
- PHISIM module for system modeling
- MATLAB modules: introduction and advanced
- SIMULINK module
- STATEFLOW module
- SimulationX module for mechatronic applications
The following topics have a strong scientific content in our training modules:
- Static and dynamic behavior of hydraulic components
- Interlock of hydraulic systems
- Rotary engine technology and usage
- Control systems for electrical actuators
Two modules are available:
- Air conditioning: design, modeling and validation of an air conditioning system and its control.
- Thermal engine: modeling of internal combustion engines and usage of a simulator for requirements validation.